Monday, May 19, 2008

Bryce's Mission News

Dear Mom, Dad, and everyone else,

thanks for your emails! It was good to hear from you, and it was great to talk to you all on the phone. Happy Birthday, everyone that I forgot to send cards to...

Well, things to a spin for the unexpected this weekend. Everyone was 110% positive this wouldn't happen. I'm getting transferred to a new area for the last five weeks of my mission. I haven't been quite sure how to take it in, with all the things that are happening in Anaheim 6th ward and the fact that I have so little time left. It's especially disappointing with RJ's baptism coming up and with teaching Haley and Angie and visiting Brother Gubler. But President Harmsen is called of God and is an inspired man, and I know this is happening for a reason, though I did have to look up scriptures on doing whatever your asked to do, and I reread the lyrics to "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go." Mostly just to comfort myself. But I'm also kind of excited. My new area is the Raymond Ward in the city of Fullerton. Maybe it was founded by our ancestors, eh? My new companion will be Elder Puga from Mexico (don't know which part yet), who has been a friend of mine for the whole mission. Elder Puga goes home six weeks after I do.

RJ's baptism is scheduled for the 29th of May, and I'll be able to come back for it. Hopefully Haley's baptism will be shortly after. On Sunday we were excited because RJ and Haley's mother came to church! Hope she keeps going.

(Miles asked Bryce about people he had worked with on his mission)

Here's the list:
Diem and Will Lewis (Irvine)
Dustin Gunderson (Irvine)
Rick Nguyen (irvine)
Rocio Rodriguez (A4)
Melissa Stringham (A4)
Tina Ohai (taught in A4, baptized in Hawai'i)
Jenny Mitchell (A4)
Dolly Germinehart (A4)
Niki Unga (A4)
Shawn Jones (Yorba Linda)
Tyler Sirrat (Placentia)
Gunner Vanderlaan (Placentia)
Libby Hout (A6)

Don't know if you remember all of those people, but those are the people who have made my life amazing for the past 2 years. Along with all kinds of great active members, less active members, and eternal investigators who were super loving kind to me and my companions, of which there are too many to list.

Also, I started compiling a list of scriptures that have come to mean a lot to me during my mission and I wanted to give you some of the references. Maybe you'll enjoy them;

Ezekiel 33:1-7
3 Nephi 27: 14
1 Corinthians 2:9
Mosiah 4:9-10, 12
Moroni 10:18

Well, I love you all. Take care, and thanks for all you love and prayers and support. I'll let you know how things are going next week. Later!

-Bryce

4 comments:

Sherie Christensen said...

I'm glad I checked the blog so I could hear from Bryce. That's always a bonus and this way I can write back, which will be, unfortunately, a bit out of the ordinary. I'm sure the last five weeks will be great.

Chris said...

Bryce won't actually get to see the blog site until he comes home. You can write to him at captainbryce@myldsmail.net. I'm sure he'd love to here from you!

Sherie Christensen said...

Ah! You put that there for him. Good plan. Thanks.

Chris said...

No problem. I plan to put the rest of his emails on here. If he sends any pictures, I'll put them up too.